Thread: Ways to make APB run better FPS / CPU

Default Ways to make APB run better FPS / CPU

This game does not run well on pc's with 2core CPUs with under 3ghz. I have a 2.26 and it stays maxed out CPU usage in task manager. I have ordered an Intel Extreme cpu for my laptop which has an enormous increase in L2cache and ghz power.

If that is not an option for you then open your task manager (cntl+ shift+ esc) and if you are on XP exit processes until you are running about 20 or less. Vista/Win7 can run on 30-40 . After doing that my CPU usage dropped a good 5-10% and stopped maxxing out causing issues.

Overclock your CPU / GPU . AtiTool for ATI and Nvidia System Tools or for old graphics cards Riva Tuner.

Erase crap off your HDD and defrag.

Copied from APB site: How to up your framerate with config file mod-

Alright, basically I have a computer that is basically near the minimum recommended specs for APB and I did a little tweaking to try and make it run better. Now I''m getting about double the FPS that I did before (from 20ish to 40ish) and I figured I would post this to help others in similar predicaments.

Editing the settings
    1. Go to your APB programs file folder. For me, it''s in C:\\Program Files\\Realtime Worlds\\APB North America (Mine is in steamapps>commonfiles) Nasty
    2. Click on the APBGame folder, then on the Config folder
    3. Now click on the APBCompat.ini file and open it with notepad. If it''s read-only, right click on properties and uncheck the box
    4. Go to file, save-as and save this file as a backup on your desktop
    5. Ctrl-F and search for "BucketX" where X is the graphics slider that you use in-game. 1 being minimal, 2 being low, and so on. I''d imagine that most of you already running on minimal settings though. If you''re still running on high, I''d suggest turning down your graphics slider in game and seeing if that increases your fps. In other words search for bucket.. set stuff to false and make sure options are set to minimal in game (nasty)
    6. Set the following values:

DynamicShadows=False
    BlobShadows=False
    LightEnvironmentShadows=False
    MotionBlur=False
    DepthOfField=False
    AmbientOcclusion=False
    Bloom=False
    QualityBloom=False
    Distortion=False
    DropParticleDistortion=True
    MaxDynamicShadows=0
    bEnableVSMShadows=False
    bEnableBranchingPCFShadows=False
    bAllowBetterModulatedShadows=False
    bEnableForegroundShadowsOnWorld=False

Basically, we''re turning off all of the flashy shadows and bloom effects in order to bump up your fps.

Disclaimer
    Make these changes at your own risk, it may lead to game instability/crashes. In my experience though, I have been running way smoother than before and have yet to experience a crash (even though my computer is utter shit compared to many of your rigs).

Thanks for reading.

Addendum:
    You''re going to have to start APB without the launcher in order to keep your changes. To do so, go back to your APB program files folder, click on the Binaries folder and then click on the APB application in that folder. I would recommend creating a shortcut to this file on your desktop.
    Last edited by Nasty; 07-01-2010 at 03:09 AM.

TnB NooB

Default Re: Ways to make APB run better FPS / CPU

Tnx m8 this also works with GamersFirst APB:R

TnB NooB

When I double-click the APB application in the Binaries folder, the picture pops up but nothing happens...?

TnB NooB

Hey i did everything that you said but iut still doesnt work do i have to launch it from a different directory?

TnB NooB

Very gorgeous... I like it !! Thanks you for this beautiful web...
    Your blog is really excellent
    SEO Las Vegas

Thread Information